Keeping accurate and updated records are essential for the health of your business. The following questions are provided as guidance when assessing the health of your business entity:
- Have initial filings been made?
Fictitious Name Registration, Articles of Incorporation, EIN/TIN Application, LLP Registration, LLC Certificate of Organization, Subchapter “S” Election
- Are all required filings up-to-date?
Fictitious Name Registration, Decennial Filing, Amendments to Articles of Incorporation, Annual LLP Registration, Change of Registered Address
- Do you have / do you need to update:
Fictitious Name Registration, Bylaws, Corporate/Shareholder Buy-Sell Agreements, Partnership Agreements, LLC Operating Agreements
- Are corporate records up-to-date?
Annual Shareholder Meeting Minutes, Directors Meeting Minutes
- Are your record keeping procedures accurate and adequate?
Corporate Records, Business Records, Tax Records
- When was your last Shareholders meeting? Directors meeting?
- Are your legal and financial advisors aware of personal matters that could affect business concerns or visa versa?
- Are your bookkeeping procedures and records accurate, complete, consistent and reviewed?
- Do you have a Business Succession Plan? If yes, is it up to date?
- Are your Estate Planning Documents up-to-date? Adequate for your business and personal needs?
Remember an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Make sure your business is in good health.
Download: Business Wellness Checklist