‘Tis the season to be jolly, at least that is what we are told. With the stresses that accompany last minute shopping, crowded malls, rising credit card debts and dysfunctional family members, finding that holiday jolliness can be difficult at times. To help you find that holiday joy, I have combed the web for some light-hearted legal bits related to the holiday season. And yes, you may find this hard to believe, but sometimes lawyers can actually be funny. Admittedly, it doesn’t happen often, but it does indeed happen.
- "The Night Before Christmas" in legal-speak. Sadly, this piece is not that big of an exaggeration as to how lawyers write in legal documents. There’s also an alternate version.
- In the same vein, here is a politically correct and legalese version of a Christmas card and a holiday email, both from an attorney.
- Want to rock around the Christmas tree lawyer style? Then this website is for you! I’ll bet these CDs just fly off the shelves. Seasons Briefings!
- Ever wondered what it would be like to see the detectives on "Law and Order" interrogate Santa? You’re in luck — here you go! I hope Santa was read his Miranda warnings or his confession may be inadmissible in court.
- Here’s an amusing Christmas letter from a lawyer’s son. I have a feeling this kid is going to end up with lumps of coal in his stocking.
From all of us at the Lancaster Law Blog, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Season’s Greetings!