Over the past few months, I’ve had the privilege of participating in SCORE Lancaster-Lebanon’s Roundtable held in conjunction with our firm’s membership in the Southern Lancaster County Chamber of Commerce. Each Roundtable is held on a monthly basis with representatives of various local businesses, with each meeting focusing on a different area of business. In my experience, the Roundtable is a great opportunity to learn about different aspects of businesses and it’s extremely valuable to listen to and learn from the experiences of other attendees.
SCORE Lancaster-Lebanon currently facilitates seven roundtables:
- Service Business Roundtable
- Elizabethtown Chamber Members
- Southern Lancaster County Chamber Members
- Palmyra Area Business Association Members
- Ephrata Area Chamber Members
Over the past few months, we’ve had speakers present on various topics, including:
- Katy Basile from the Lancaster Public Library discussed the free resources available to library card holders through the Duke Street Business Center
- Anne Kirby from The Sweet Core discussed how to develop a business marketing plan using various social media platforms
- Cathy David of Laser Lab presented an interesting perspective on developing an elevator pitch to promote your business
At our September meeting, I’ll be presenting on how I’ve used blogging and my personal social media accounts to educate our clients and the general public as well as an education-based marketing strategy.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can get involved in a Roundtable, feel free to visit the SCORE Lancaster-Lebanon Roundtable website, contact me, or call (717) 397-3092 to sign up.