Last week, the finalists for The Great Social Enterprise Pitch were announced. In case you haven’t been following along, The Great Social Enterprise Pitch is a Central Pennsylvania-focused business plan competition organized by the Lancaster Community Foundation and ASSETS.
The following five social enterprises will compete at the Live Pitch event on October 6, 2017 at the Ware Center:
- Bridge – connecting communities through shared experiences.
- Green Matters Natural Dye Company – bringing pollution free color to the textile industry.
- Lancaster Fellow Foodies – making healthy dinners easy while creating meaningful jobs and advancing eco-friendly farming.
- Language Beyond Borders – building communication, bridging cultures, creating jobs.
- Meraki Mocha – empowering people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through a farm-to-table café.
Tickets for the Live Pitch event can be obtained for $10 here. Doors open at 5:00 pm for a business expo, pitches begin at 7:00 pm. The pitches are followed by keynote speaker Tyler Gage, the cofounder of RUNA, a social enterprise company that makes beverages with guayusa from the Amazon rainforest. I hope to see you there!